Stories on Wheels
20TH OF THE "CUENTOS SOBRE RUEDAS” (STORIES ON WHEELS) COMPETITION
In order to promote literary creation within the world of coach trips and transport, and to promote reading habits amongst passengers, ALSA has organised the 20th edition of the short story competition "Short Stories on Wheels", which will be governed by the following terms and conditions:
1. The competition is open to everybody, with one story or more per person, in Spanish language.
2. All work must be original and unpublished, and be related in some way to the world of coach trips and travel.
3. The maximum length is 3000 words, set out on no more than 10 sheets of DIN A4 paper, typewritten on one single face.
4. The deadline for the presentation of stories is 30th April 2020.
5. All entries must be sent in duplicate to the following address:
Presidente del Jurado
“Cuentos sobre Ruedas”
C/Miguel Fleta 4-1º
28037 – Madrid
Or by e-mail to: email@example.com
6. Each copy must be signed with the name, surnames, address and telephone number of the author; when the author uses a pseudonym, his/her identity must be introduced in a sealed envelope.
7. All competitors must attach a declaration in which they guarantee that neither the story nor any rights deriving from it are in any way involved in other literary competitions, current or otherwise.
8. Once the final decision has been reached, all originals not selected for award or publication by the Panel of Judges shall be destroyed, without participants being entitled to any claims in this regard.
9. The author expressly transfers to ALSA all rights deriving from the presented work, allowing for publication in a free distribution edition of ALSA books, which will comprise the prize-winning story and others selected by the Panel of Judges.
10. The Panel of Judges is made up of renowned people from the literary and cultural spheres, appointed by ALSA, although its composition will not be made known until the moment the prize is awarded.
11. The decision of the Panel of Judges to award the single prize of EUR 6,000 shall be final. The decision shall be made known prior to 30th June 2020 via the webpage: www.alsa.es
12. ALSA is empowered to resolve any contingency not envisaged in these terms and conditions. Participation in the Competition implies full acceptance of the terms and conditions, a copy of which shall be deposited with a Notary Public.